We are super excited to offer some new opportunities for the upcoming season. We often realize there is a lot of interest in our competition team, however, sometimes the commitments can be overwhelming. Therefore, we would like to present a new level of competition team for 8-12 year olds, that still involves a level of commitment with a lighter schedule than the travel competition team.
As a member of our new team, you would be required to take a minimum of three basic genres of dance...tap, jazz and ballet. Along with that, you would chose an elective class such as hip hop, musical theater or acro. Our new team would be a part of our Christmas Shows, participate in Dancers Give Back, attend one local convention and compete once locally in Niagara Falls in May.
Here are just some of the benefits of being a team member…
1. You and your teammates will bring out the best in each other
2. The skills you develop will help you for the rest of your life. Such as discipline, time management and how to take constructive criticism
3. You'll get the chance to serve your community. One of the best parts about being on a dance team is that you have so many opportunities to give back.
4. You'll have many “once in a lifetime" experiences. As a team dancer, you will have opportunities that will stay with you forever.
5. You’ll learn how to be a role model. All the younger dancers look up to our team dancers and how they conduct themselves. You will be an inspiration to them all.
6. You’ll see first hand that hard work pays off.
We feel this is a great way to have a wonderful “team bonding” experience, perform more than once a year and take your level of training to the next step. We’re very excited about this new addition to our team and know you will love the experience as well.
We will be holding a casual tryout Tuesday July 30th 5:00-6:00 pm for dancers 8 to 12 years. The cost is $10. Dancers will participate in a short tap and jazz combo class. Don’t worry if you don’t have tap shoes, we can work it out!
Please send an email to [email protected] to reserve your spot.